Reduce Misdemeanor To Infraction

Reduce Misdemeanor to InfractionPenal Code 17(d) allows both prosecutors and courts the ability to charge a Misdemeanor as an Infraction. It even allows the court to reduce your Misdemeanor to an Infraction years after the conviction.

What is a Misdemeanor?

A Misdemeanor is a crime more serious than an infraction, but less serious than a felony. Misdemeanors are punishable by a maximum of one year in county jail or a minimum of probation with fines.

What is an Infraction?

An Infraction is the lowest crime you can be convicted of. Most traffic tickets, for example, are infractions. If you were convicted of an infraction, you stand the best chance at expunging your record. If you were convicted of a Misdemeanor Wobblet, you could reduce your misdemeanor to an infraction.

What is a Wobblet?

A Wobblet is a Misdemeanor that could also be charged as an Infraction. Penal Code 17d gives the courts the power to charge your misdemeanor as an infraction instead. It also gives courts the power to reduce a misdemeanor to an infraction well after you were convicted and your case was closed.

Find out IF YOUR MISDEMEANOR IS A WOBBLET, or call us for a free consultation with an experienced expungement attorney.

Do I Need an Attorney for this?

That depends on how complicated your situation is. Most of the time, it’s an easy decision to hire an attorney because you want someone who has enough experience to get you through the process successfully if things get complicated. It’s important to have people who care on your side. Our attorneys and staff take care of every step for you. You almost never have to show up to court.

Because we work fast, and because we are good at what we do, we have the luxury of charging our clients less than what other law firms charge. This is an immediate benefit to you. Plus, as our client, you will have 24/7 online access to your own personal, secure, and confidential account where you can track the progress of your case and have complete access to your paperwork.

Setting up a FREE consultation is quick, and we can start working for you right away. Fill out the form and someone from our office will contact you. You may also call us at 619-708-2073 if you have any questions.

We care, and we’re on your side to get you the relief you need.

Request A Free Consultation

Our Charge Reduction Service Includes:

  • Motion Drafting
  • Motion Filing
  • Process Serving
  • Hearing
  • Prepared Judge Order

Starting at $699

Scott Hullinger, Esq.

Scott Hullinger, Esq.

Criminal and Civil Attorney