Drug Manufacturing Charges
Charged with Manufacturing Controlled Substances or Drugs?
San Diego Drug Manufacturing Defense Attorneys
The Criminal Defense Attorneys at The Hullinger Firm, PC are Drug Manufacturing Charge Defense Attorneys. Our attorneys Dismiss Drug Manufacturing Charges, Reduce Drug Manufacturing Charges to Lesser Offenses and argue for Acquittal of Drug Manufacturing Charges in all San Diego Courthouses. If you or a loved one are facing Criminal Charges for Drug Manufacturing call our office for a No-Obligation Legal Consultation. We offer superior representation for reasonable attorneys fees. Call us anytime at 619-708-2073 to schedule a Free Case Analysis.
Controlled Substance Defined?
All substances defined in Health and Safety Code sections 11053 through 11058 are Controlled Substances under California Law. Not all illegal drugs are considered controlled substances. Controlled Substances includes cocaine, Heroin, LSD, and other popular drugs.
The Crime of Manufacturing Controlled Substances?
California prohibits Manufacturing Controlled Substances. To “Manufacture” a controlled substance, the defendant must manufacture, compound, convert, produce, derive, process or prepare the controlled substance using a chemical extraction or independent chemical synthesis.
In the same family as manufacturing crimes, are Cultivating crimes such as Health and Safety Code 11358, Cultivating Marijuana. In order to be guilty of “Cultivating” a drug the prosecution must show the defendant unlawfully cultivated, harvested, dried or processed one or more marijuana plants.
Types of Manufacturing Crimes
- Health and Safety Code 11364.7(b) – Manufacturing Drug Paraphernalia
- Health and Safety Code 11366.5(a) – Managing Place for Manufacturing, Storing, or Distributing Controlled Substance
- Health and Safety Code 11366.7 – Sale of Chemical, Drug, or Lab Equipment for Unlawful Use
- Health and Safety Code 11374.5 – Unlawful Disposal of Hazardous Substance Used in Manufacturing a Controlled Substance
- Health and Safety Code 11379.6(a) – Manufacturing a Controlled Substance
- Health and Safety Code 11379.6(c) – Offering to Manufacture a Controlled Substance
- Health and Safety Code 11383(a) – Possession of Materials with Intent to Manufacture PCP
- Health and Safety Code 11383.5(a) – Possession of Materials with Intent to Manufacture Methamphetamine
- Health and Safety Code 11390 – Cultivating Mushrooms
- Health and Safety Code 11358 – Cultivating, Harvesting, or Processing Marijuana
- Health and Safety Code 11363 – Cultivating, Harvesting, or Processing Peyote
Penalties if Convicted of Drug Manufacturing
Crimes involving Manufacturing Controlled Substances and Drugs carry stiff penalties in California. Most defendants are facing long sentences in the State Prison.
- State Prison
- County Jail
- Court Fines and Fees
- Registration as a Narcotics Offender
- Drug Programs/Rehab
- Loss of Driver’s License
- Permanent Criminal Record
If you are charged with Manufacturing or Cultivating Drugs, you need an experienced and skilled criminal defense attorney. We can help you avoid many and sometimes all of the consequences to a Drugs Manufacturing or Cultivating Charge. Call us today to learn more.
How Do You Beat Drug Manufacturing Charges?
California Criminal Law recognizes various defenses to Drug Manufacturing and Cultivation Charges that if properly prepared and presented will acquit the defendant of Criminal Drug Possession. Whether a defense is applicable depends on the facts of each case. Below are some of the most relevant defenses:
- Defendant Was Not Manufacturing or Cultivating Drugs
- Defendant Did Not Know the Substance Nature or Character as a Controlled Substance
- Police Conduct Amounted to Entrapment
- The Government Cannot Prove what the Substance Is
- The Prosecution Cannot Lay a Proper Foundation To Admit Evidence Proving the Nature of the Substance
- The Prosecution Cannot Prove the Elements Beyond a Reasonable Doubt
- Police Conduct Amounts to Unlawful Search or Seizure
A successful defense to Drug Manufacturing and Cultivation starts with a Confident and Competent San Diego Defense Attorney. Our team of attorneys, paralegals and experts will prepare your case for negotiation or trial.
Our Attorney Advantage
A Drug Manufacturing Charge can have serious consequences. Hiring the right attorney may be the difference between a conviction and a dismissal. Take back the Upper Hand. Our defense attorneys are the best in the business:
- A Skilled and Experienced Defense Team – We are the right team to defend a criminal charge. We have successfully handled thousands of criminal cases and have satisfied clients all over California. We know the law, procedure and practicalities of criminal litigation that can give you the upper hand in court.
- Well-Known and Respected – We appear in the courts of San Diego every day of the week. We are known by judges, prosecutors and our colleagues. Our attorneys have a reputation for competent and effective representation in the area of criminal law. We strive to achieve excellence on every case and have established a reputation for getting great results.
- State of The Art Legal Practice – We are a 100% Paperless law firm. All of our clients are given 24/7 access to everything in their case file. Attorney notes, evidence, witness statements and motions are all scanned and stored digitally in an easy to navigate cloud-based system. It’s encrypted to standards of the department of defense. Rest assured that your file is safe, sound and available to you whenever you need it.
If you have been charged with Drug Manufacturing, we offer a 100% free Consultation by calling 619-708-2073 or emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org. Talk to one of our experienced criminal defense attorneys today and take back the upper hand.
Request A Free Consultation
Scott Hullinger, Esq.
Criminal and Civil Attorney