Charged with a Marijuana Crime?
San Diego Marijuana Charge Defense Attorneys
The Criminal Defense Attorneys at The Hullinger Firm, PC are Marijuana Charge Defense Attorneys. Our attorneys Dismiss Marijuana Charges, Reduce Marijuana Charges to Lesser Offenses and argue for Acquittal of Marijuana Charges in all San Diego Courthouses. If you or a loved one are facing Criminal Charges for Possession, Sales, Transportation, Distribution or Cultivation of Marijuana, call our office for a No-Obligation Legal Consultation. We offer superior representation for reasonable attorneys fees. Call us anytime at 619-708-2073 to schedule a Free Case Analysis.
California prohibits the possession, sale, transportation, distribution and cultivation of Marijuana. While marijuana use is becoming more and more accepted and the laws are getting more and more liberal, a marijuana charge can still have serious consequences.
Compassionate Use Act
Possession or Cultivation of Marijuana is lawful if authorized by the Compassionate Use Act (Health and Safety Code 11362.5). The act allows individuals to possess and cultivate marijuana for personal medical purposes when a physician as recommended or approved the use of marijuana as medicine. The amount must be reasonably related to the individual’s medical needs. In court, the burden is on the defendant to produce sufficient evidence to raise a reasonable doubt that possession was lawful. (People v. Mower (2002) 28 Cal.4th 457, 460)
Marijuana Crimes We Defend
We defend any criminal charge of possession, sales, distribution, or manufacturing Marijuana. Some of the most common are the following.
- Health and Safety Code 11357(a) – Possession of Concentrated Cannabis
- Health and Safety Code 11357(b) – Possession of Marijuana Less Than One Ounce
- Health and Safety Code 11357(c) – Possession of Marijuana More Than One Ounce
- Health and Safety Code 11357(d) – Possession of Marijuana Less Than an Ounce on School Property by Adult
- Health and Safety Code 11357(e) – Possession of Marijuana Less Than an Ounce on School Property by Juvenile
- Health and Safety Code 11358 – Cultivating, Harvesting, or Processing Marijuana
- Health and Safety Code 11359 – Possession of Marijuana for Sale
- Health and Safety Code 11360 – Sale or Transportation of Marijuana
Penalties if Convicted of a Marijuana Crime
Crimes involving Marijuana carry stiff penalties in California.
- State Prison
- County Jail
- Court Fines and Fees
- Registration as a Narcotics Offender
- Drug Programs/Rehab
- Loss of Driver’s License
- Permanent Criminal Record
If you are charged with a Marijuana Crime, you need an experienced and skilled criminal defense attorney. We can help you avoid many and sometimes all of the consequences to a Marijuana Charge. Call us today to learn more.
How Do You Beat Marijuana Charges?
California Criminal Law recognizes various defenses to Marijuana Charges that if properly prepared and presented will acquit the defendant of the Marijuana Charge. Whether a defense is applicable depends on the facts of each case. Below are some of the most relevant defenses:
- Defendant Had No Knowledge that Marijuana Was Present
- Defendant Had a Doctor’s Recommendation Under the Compassionate Use Act
- Defendant had no Knowledge of the Nature of the Substance
- Defendant Did Not Possess a Usable Amount
- Statute of Limitations Has Passed
- Police Conduct Amounted to Entrapment
- The Government Cannot Prove what the Substance Is
- Police Conduct Amounts to Unlawful Search or Seizure
A successful defense to any Marijuana charge starts with a Confident and Competent San Diego Defense Attorney. Our team of attorneys, paralegals and experts will prepare your case for negotiation or trial.
Our Attorney Advantage
A Marijuana Charge can have serious consequences. Hiring the right attorney may be the difference between a conviction and a dismissal. Take back the Upper Hand. Our defense attorneys are the best in the business:
- A Skilled and Experienced Defense Team – We are the right team to defend a criminal charge. We have successfully handled thousands of criminal cases and have satisfied clients all over California. We know the law, procedure and practicalities of criminal litigation that can give you the upper hand in court.
- Well Known and Respected – We appear in the courts of San Diego every day of the week. We are known by judges, prosecutors and our colleagues. Our attorneys have a reputation for competent and effective representation in the area of criminal law. We strive to achieve excellence on every case and have established a reputation for getting great results.
- State of The Art Legal Practice – We are a 100% Paperless law firm. All of our clients are given 24/7 access to everything in their case file. Attorney notes, evidence, witness statements and motions are all scanned and stored digitally in an easy to navigate cloud based system. Its encrypted to standards of the department of defense. Rest assured that your file is safe, sound and available to you whenever you need it.
If you have been charged with any crime involving Marijuana, we offer a 100% free Consultation by calling 619-708-2073 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Talk to one of our experienced criminal defense attorneys today and take back the upper hand.
Request A Free Consultation
Scott Hullinger, Esq.
Criminal and Civil Attorney