Extortion Defense Attorneys
The Criminal Defense Attorneys at The Hullinger Firm, PC are Extortion Charge Defense Attorneys. Our attorneys Dismiss Extortion Charges, Reduce Extortion Charges to Lesser Offenses and work for Acquittal of Extortion Charges in all San Diego Courthouses. If you or a loved one are facing Criminal Charges for Extortion, call our office for a No-Obligation Legal Consultation. Call us anytime at 619-708-2073 to schedule a Free Case Analysis.
The crime of extortion is defined as obtaining another’s property with their consent and the consent gained by using fear of force or unlawful threats.
Extortion Crimes We Defend
We defend any extortion crime under California law, including:
- Penal Code § 210 – Pose as Kidnapper to Extort
- Penal Code § 518 – General Extortion
- Penal Code § 519 – Extortion by Fear
- Penal Code § 520 – Extortion by Force or Threat
- Penal Code § 522 – Extortion of Signature
- Penal Code § 523 – Sending Threatening Letters With Intent to Extort
- Penal Code §§ 664/524 – Attempted Extortion
Penalties if Convicted of an Extortion Crime
Crimes involving Extortion carry stiff penalties in California, including:
- State Prison
- County Jail
- Court Fines and Fees
- Victim Restitution
- Permanent Criminal Record
If you are charged with an Extortion Crime, you need an experienced and skilled criminal defense attorney. We can help you avoid many and sometimes all of the consequences to an Extortion Charge. Call us today to learn more.
Beat Extortion Charges
California Criminal Law recognizes various defenses to Extortion Charges that if properly prepared and presented will acquit the defendant of the Extortion Charge. Whether a defense is applicable depends on the facts of each case. Below are some of the most relevant defenses:
A successful defense to any Extortion charge starts with contacting the right San Diego Defense Attorney. Our team of attorneys, paralegals and experts will prepare your case for negotiation or trial.
Our Attorney Advantage
An Extortion Charge can have serious consequences. Hiring the right attorney may be the difference between a conviction and a dismissal. Our defense attorneys are the best in the business:
- A Skilled and Experienced Defense Team – We are the right team to defend a criminal charge. We have successfully handled thousands of criminal cases and have satisfied clients all over California. We know the law, procedure and practicalities of criminal litigation that can give you the upper hand in court.
- Well Known and Respected – We appear in the courts of San Diego every day of the week. We are known by judges, prosecutors and our colleagues. Our attorneys have a reputation for competent and effective representation in the area of criminal law. We strive to achieve excellence on every case and have established a reputation for getting great results.
- State of The Art Legal Practice – We are a 100% Paperless law firm. All of our clients are given 24/7 access to everything in their case file. Attorney notes, evidence, witness statements and motions are all scanned and stored digitally in an easy to navigate cloud based system. Its encrypted to standards of the department of defense. Rest assured that your file is safe, sound and available to you whenever you need it.
If you have been charged with any crime involving Extortion, we offer a 100% free Consultation by calling 619-708-2073 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Talk to one of our experienced criminal defense attorneys today and take back the upper hand.
Request A Free Consultation
Scott Hullinger, Esq.
Criminal and Civil Attorney