False Imprisonment Charges?
San Diego False Imprisonment Defense Attorneys
The Criminal Defense Attorneys at The Hullinger Firm are False Imprisonment Defense Attorneys. Our attorneys Dismiss False Imprisonment Charges, Reduce False Imprisonment Charges to Lesser Offenses and work for Acquittal of False Imprisonment Charges in all San Diego Courthouses. If you or a loved one are facing Criminal Charges for False Imprisonment, call our office for a No-Obligation Legal Consultation. Call us anytime at 619-452-2539 to schedule a Free Case Analysis.
False Imprisonment Defined
California’s Penal Code defines False Imprisonment as violating the personal liberty of another person. This has been interpreted by judges to mean restraining another so that they can’t leave a location, room or vessel. It’s not necessary that the victim be physically restrained (eg hands and feet bound by cord) but that the victim can not leave the location for fear of harm or hostile situation.
It’s a lesser-included-offense of most forms of kidnapping and is distinct from kidnapping because it does not require moving the victim from one location to another.
False Imprisonment Crimes We Defend
We defend any False Imprisonment crime under California law, including:
- Penal Code §§ 236, 237 – Felony False Imprisonment
- Penal Code §§ 210.5, 236 – Hostage False Imprisonment
- Penal Code §§ 236, 237(a) – Misdemeanor False Imprisonment
Penalties if Convicted of a False Imprisonment Crime
Crimes involving False Imprisonment carry stiff penalties in California, including:
- State Prison
- County Jail
- Court Fines and Fees
- Victim Restitution
- Permanent Criminal Record
If you are charged with an False Imprisonment Crime, you need an experienced and skilled criminal defense attorney. We can help you avoid many and sometimes all of the consequences to a False Imprisonment Charge. Call us today to learn more.
Beat False Imprisonment Charges
California Criminal Law recognizes various defenses to False Imprisonment Charges that if properly prepared and presented will acquit the defendant of the False Imprisonment Charge. Whether a defense is applicable depends on the facts of each case. Below are some of the most relevant defenses:
- Victim Consented
- Necessary to Protect Child from Imminent Harm
- Citizen’s Arrest
A successful defense to any False Imprisonment charge starts with contacting the right San Diego Defense Attorney. Our team of attorneys, paralegals and experts will prepare your case for negotiation or trial.
Our Attorney Advantage
A False Imprisonment Charge can have serious consequences. Hiring the right attorney may be the difference between a conviction and a dismissal. Our defense attorneys are the best in the business:
- A Skilled and Experienced Defense Team – We are the right team to defend a criminal charge. We have successfully handled thousands of criminal cases and have satisfied clients all over California. We know the law, procedure and practicalities of criminal litigation that can give you the upper hand in court.
- Well Known and Respected – We appear in the courts of San Diego every day of the week. We are known by judges, prosecutors and our colleagues. Our attorneys have a reputation for competent and effective representation in the area of criminal law. We strive to achieve excellence on every case and have established a reputation for getting great results.
- State of The Art Legal Practice – We are a 100% Paperless law firm. All of our clients are given 24/7 access to everything in their case file. Attorney notes, evidence, witness statements and motions are all scanned and stored digitally in an easy to navigate cloud based system. Its encrypted to standards of the department of defense. Rest assured that your file is safe, sound and available to you whenever you need it.
If you have been charged with any crime involving False Imprisonment, we offer a 100% free Consultation by calling 619-452-2539 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Talk to one of our experienced criminal defense attorneys today and take back the upper hand.
Request A Free Consultation
Scott Hullinger, Esq.
Criminal and Civil Attorney