Receiving Stolen Property
San Diego Defense Attorneys
Charged with Receiving Stolen Property? Our San Diego Criminal Defense Attorneys Dismiss Receiving Stolen Property Charges, Reduce to Lesser Offenses and argue for Acquittal of Receiving Stolen Property Charges in all San Diego Courthouses. If you are being charged or investigated for Receiving Stolen Property contact our attorneys at 619-708-2073 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a Free and Confidential Case Analysis.
Receiving Stolen Property
It is a wobbler offense that can result in felony charges depending on the value of the items received or concealed. If the value of the property is less than $950 and the defendant has little to no criminal record, the case will likely proceed as a misdemeanor offense.
Receiving Stolen Property Crimes We Defend
We defend any Receiving Stolen Property crime under California law, including:
- Penal Code § 496(a) – Receiving Stolen Property
- Penal Code § 10801 – Owning/Operating a Chop Shop
What Must the Government Prove?
In order to be convicted of Receiving Stolen Property, the police and prosecution must prove two essential facts:
- the defendant Received or Concealed Property Stolen or Extorted and
- knew that the property was Stolen or Obtained by Extortion
Beat Receiving Stolen Property Charges
California law provides for complete acquittals if a successful defense is presented. Some of the more typical Defenses to Receiving Stolen Property are:
- Innocent Intent
- Insufficient Possession of Property
- Involuntary Intoxication
- Voluntary Intoxication
- Mental Disease
Our Attorney Advantage
A Misdemeanor Charge can have serious consequences. Hiring the right attorney may be the difference between a conviction and a dismissal. Take back the Upper Hand. Our defense attorneys are the best in the business:
- A Skilled and Experienced Defense Team – We are the right team to defend a criminal charge. We have successfully handled thousands of criminal cases and have satisfied clients all over California. We know the law, procedure and practicalities of criminal litigation that can give you the upper hand in court.
- Well Known and Respected – We appear in the courts of San Diego every day of the week. We are known by judges, prosecutors and our colleagues. Our attorneys have a reputation for competent and effective representation in the area of criminal law. We strive to achieve excellence on every case and have established a reputation for getting great results.
- State of The Art Legal Practice – We are a 100% Paperless law firm. All of our clients are given 24/7 access to everything in their case file. Attorney notes, evidence, witness statements and motions are all scanned and stored digitally in an easy to navigate cloud based system. It’s encrypted to Department of Defense Standards. Rest assured that your file is safe, sound and available to you whenever you need it.
If you have been charged or are being investigated for Receiving Stolen Property, we offer a 100% free Consultation by calling 619-708-2073 or emailing us at email@example.com. Talk to one of our experienced criminal defense attorneys today and take back the upper hand.
Request A Free Consultation
Scott Hullinger, Esq.
Criminal and Civil Attorney