Charged with Robbery?
San Diego Robbery Defense Attorneys
The Criminal Defense Attorneys at The Hullinger Firm are Criminal Robbery Defense Attorneys. Our attorneys Dismiss Robbery Charges, Reduce RobberyCharges to Lesser Offenses and argue for Acquittal of Robbery Charges in all San Diego Courthouses. If you or a loved one are facing Criminal Charges for Robbery call our office for a No-Obligation Legal Consultation. We offer superior representation for reasonable attorneys fees. Call us anytime at 619-708-2073 to schedule a Free Case Analysis.
What is Robbery?
Robbery is the felonious taking of personal property in the possession of another, from his person or immediate presence, and against his will, accomplished by means of force or fear.
Types of Robbery
Criminal Robbery is a California Felony Charge. There are many types of Robbery in the California Penal Code including…
- Penal Code 211 – Robbery
- Penal Code 212.5(a) – First Degree Robbery
- Penal Code 212.5(b) – First Degree Robbery of Person at ATM Machine
- Penal Code 212.5(c) – Second Degree Robbery
- Penal Code 213(a)(1)(A) – First Degree Residential in Concert
- Penal Code 213(b) – Attempted Robbery
- Penal Code 214 – Train Robbery
No matter which Robbery Charge you are facing, we can help you get through it. There are many legal ways to reduce or avoid the consequences of a Robbery Charge. Call today to speak with one of our skilled criminal defense lawyers.
Penalties if Convicted of Robbery
Robbery carries severe penalties if convicted. These include…
- State Prison
- County Jail
- Formal Probation
- High Fines and Court Fees
- Stay Away Orders
- Victim Restitution Liability
- A Permanent Felony Record for a Crime Involving Moral Turpitude
What Must the Government Show?
In order to convict a person of Robbery, the government must show
- The defendant took property that was not their own
- The property was taken from another person’s possession and immediate presence
- The property was taken against that person’s will
- The defendant used force or fear to take the property or to prevent the person from resisting
- When the defendant used force or fear to take the property he or she intended to deprive the owner of it permanently.
A person need not actually hold or touch something to possess it.
Under California Law, Fear means fear of injury to one’s person or property or immediate injury to someone else present during the incident or that person’s property.
To constitute a taking, the property need only be moved a small distance.
How Do You Beat Robbery Charges?
California Criminal Law recognizes various defenses to Robbery Charges that if properly prepared and presented will acquit the defendant of Criminal Robbery. Whether a defense is applicable depends on the facts of each case. Below are some of the most relevant defenses:
- Defendant acted under Duress or Necessity
- Defendant was Legally Unconscious While Acting
- Defendant has an Alibi
- Defendant Owned the Property
- The Victim was not Immediately Present
- Property was taken without using Force or Fear
- Defendant did not have the requisite intent to permanently deprive the true owner
A successful defense to Robbery starts with a Confident and Competent San Diego Defense Attorney. Our team of attorneys, paralegals and experts will prepare your case for negotiation or trial.
Our Attorney Advantage
A Robbery Charge can have serious consequences. Hiring the right attorney may be the difference between a conviction and a dismissal. Take back the Upper Hand. Our defense attorneys are the best in the business:
- A Skilled and Experienced Defense Team – We are the right team to defend a criminal charge. We have successfully handled thousands of criminal cases and have satisfied clients all over California. We know the law, procedure and practicalities of criminal litigation that can give you the upper hand in court.
- Well Known and Respected – We appear in the courts of San Diego every day of the week. We are known by judges, prosecutors and our colleagues. Our attorneys have a reputation for competent and effective representation in the area of criminal law. We strive to achieve excellence on every case and have established a reputation for getting great results.
- State of The Art Legal Practice – We are a 100% Paperless law firm. All of our clients are given 24/7 access to everything in their case file. Attorney notes, evidence, witness statements and motions are all scanned and stored digitally in an easy to navigate cloud-based system. Its encrypted to standards of the department of defense. Rest assured that your file is safe, sound and available to you whenever you need it.
If you have been charged with Robbery, we offer a 100% free Consultation by calling 619-708-2073 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Talk to one of our experienced criminal defense attorneys today and take back the upper hand.
Request A Free Consultation
Scott Hullinger, Esq.
Criminal and Civil Attorney