The first permanent courthouse was built in San Diego in 1870. Over the years, the courthouse has been reconstructed and expanded. The 1889 building was finally torn down in 1959 to make way for the present courthouse, completed in 1961. The Main Courthouse is occupied by the Superior Court’s Criminal Courts, Family Support, and the Sheriff’s Office.
Information Desk: (619) 450-5700
Central Records: (619) 450-7361
Criminal Records (General): (619) 450-5400
Criminal Records (Limited): (619) 450-5400
Family Support Division: (619) 450-5799
Family Law Facilitator: (619) 450-5200
Juvenile Dependency: (619) 450-5605
Appeals/Appellate Division: (619) 450-5348
Executive Office: (619) 450-5500
24-hour job line (recording): (619) 450-5222
From Highway 94 westbound
Take Interstate 5 north. Then exit Sixth Avenue. Proceed west on Elm to Fourth Avenue and turn left on Fourth to Broadway. Turn right on Broadway.
From Interstate 5 northbound
Exit Sixth Avenue and proceed west on Elm to Fourth Avenue and turn left on Fourth. Proceed to Broadway and turn right.
From Interstate 5 southbound
Exit on Front Street (Civic Center) and proceed to Broadway.
From Highway 163 southbound
Exit on Ash Street and proceed westbound. Turn left on Front Street to Broadway.
Public parking lots are available around the courthouse. These public parking lots charge a fee.
Metered parking is also available on the streets surrounding the courthouse.
Limited number of disabled street parking is also available.